DPV – Delivery Point Validation
DPV®, or Delivery Point Validation, processing validates address information at the physical delivery point level. This will allow you to identify Undeliverable as Addressed (UAA) mail prior to mailing, which saves you valuable time and money. It also includes LACSLink® and SuiteLink®:
- LACSLink processing updates addresses that have converted from rural-style to street addresses or street addresses that have been renamed or renumbered.
- SuiteLink processing updates business addresses with secondary information when known.
How does DPV Processing work?
While DPV processing is the highlighted name of this service – it actually includes three discreet, valuable services.
- DPV processing is an important step in any pre-mailing process which enabled ZIP + 4® coding and identifies potentially undeliverable addresses by verifying that the address being processed matches to a valid USPS® delivery point. For each record in your list, we can provide critical information that either confirms the address matches a valid delivery point or tell you what might be wrong with it.
- 100 Main St., Anytown, TN 38138-6038 would come back as confirmed
- 104 Main St., Anytown, TN 38138-6038 would come back as not confirmed in the instance that the USPS doesn’t list that house number as a valid delivery point
- LACSLink processing converts addresses that are changed by local governments for various reasons. In this instance, the delivery point remains the same and the residents haven’t moved, but the addresses themselves have been changed.
- Rural route to street style conversion (RR5 Box 234 becomes 5471 Apple Drive)
- Renumbering changes (471 Main St becomes 1471 Main St)
- Street name changes (987 Edgewater Dr becomes 987 Waterways Blvd)
- SuiteLink processing appends suite, or secondary, numbers to business addresses where available, increasing the delivery of your business to business mailings. It’s able to do this by matching your provided business name and ZIP + 4 to known USPS data.
DPV pricing starts as low as $0.40 per thousand records. Our convenient pay-as-you-go pricing allows you to simply upload your list and pay for only the records you’re processing – the more records in your list, the less that’s charged per record.
We’re able to offer two different payment options:
- Pay as you Go: This option allows you to simply upload your list and pay for only the records you’re processing. The more records in your list, the less we’ll charge per record!
- Prepaid Credits: If you plan to run lists on a regular basis, consider prepaid credits. This option allows you to generate additional savings by purchasing one large block of credits at a lower price per record, then spreading the usage across an unlimited number of jobs!
However you elect to proceed you’ll enjoy the same great benefits: no software to setup or configure, no pushy sales person, and no surcharge for faster turn around time. Simply upload your list, select a few options using our intuitive site, and checkout. Once everything is in order, most lists are returned in minutes!
The best way to get a price for your job is to signup for a free, no obligation account, upload your list, and we’ll show you a straight forward price for your actual job. When you’re satisfied, simply checkout and we’ll get started right away.